77 WADE is a hybrid timber-concrete-and-steel construction, architected to maximize floor space and engineered to minimize environmental impact.
Designed by Bogdan Newman Caranci, and engineered by Blackwell Structural Engineers at seven storeys, 77 WADE is the tallest modern mass timber commercial building in Canada. It employs exposed nail laminated timber (NLT) ceilings and columns as combined structural and decorative features, offering natural warmth and beauty in a contemporary setting.
- Pursuing LEED Gold Certification
- Platinum Wired Score Certification
- Vehicle parking spaces at grade are provided
- Parking includes two barrier-free spaces and two electric vehicle charging spaces
- Direct access from parking to ground floor lobby
- Bike storage for 120 bikes with access to showers and change rooms in lower level
- Three in total
- 3,500 pound capacity
- 350 fpm speed
- Side opening doors
- Heating and cooling provided via Variable Air Volume (VAV) or Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) from ceiling level, thermostatically controlled zone by zone.
- Two VAV zones per 1,500 SF
- DALI addressable base building lighting to 200lux for office tenancies